Our team of home carers in Sydney are locals to the suburbs where they provide care. This means they have local knowledge to draw on, and can connect you to the best community services and activities in your area.
Our quality care team is also comprised of registered nurses, allied health professionals, experienced carers and support workers, disability workers, and NDIS case managers. We use our combined years of experience to deliver services that help our clients enjoy quality of life.
- Flexible – we provide homecare in Sydney suburbs at a time that suits you, your family, and your schedule. We provide the hours of care you need, and work around your lifestyle, rather than expecting you to fit into our system.
- Personal – we deliver person-centred care that treats you like an individual. We listen to feedback, take the time to get to know you, and tailor our services to suit your unique circumstances.
- Experienced – based on our years of experience in the health care industry, we provide home support services in Sydney to a high standard. We’ll help you get the most value out of your government funding by providing care that makes a real difference to your life.
- Empowering – you’ll be in charge of your care, as we help you make informed decisions and provide support that truly makes a difference to your life. Our friendly care providers get alongside you, helping you do things for yourself and boosting your confidence.
Looking for in home care services in Sydney? We’re here to help. Our local teams cover a wide range of suburbs in the west, south, north and east of Sydney. To chat to someone about accessing home care in your area, please get in touch.
Disability Care in Sydney
As a Registered NDIS provider in Sydney, Home Caring can help you live independently at home, whether you need help with the housework, an opportunity to develop life skills, or day programs where you can make friends and enjoy being part of your local community.
Our disability support services in Sydney suburbs offer a fun and engaging way to work towards your personal goals, whatever they may be. We also offer disability home care in Sydney homes, with professional support workers who can help you with everyday tasks so you can be more independent.
In home care in Sydney for seniors
We provide in-homecare in Sydney suburbs, so older people can live safely and independently in the community. If ageing at home is your priority, at home care is a good way to prevent premature entry into an aged care facility. By getting help with everyday tasks, you’ll be supported to continue doing all the things you love. We’ll also help you stay safe and mobile giving you and your family members peace of mind.
Our aged care services at home include care for specific conditions, such as dementia care, diabetes management, wound care, care after you’ve had a hospital stay, and high levels of support for complex care needs. Our team of experts are up to date with the latest best practice approaches, so you can be sure that you’re in the safest of hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
What home care services in Sydney are available?
In home carers in Sydney offer a wide variety of services to seniors, such as:
- Personal care (help with getting dressed, looking after your appearance, showering)
- Domestic help (help with keeping your home clean, safe and tidy)
- Meal preparation, nutrition support and grocery shopping
- Transport to appointments and activities
- Fun social activities and companionship
- Care for your mental health and wellbeing
- 24/7 in-home care in Sydney homes for those who need constant supervision
- Clinical and nursing care in the home
- Allied health therapies such as occupational therapy, podiatry and physiotherapy
- Medication management
- Wound care and wound management
- Assistive technology that can help you get around more independently
- Home modifications so you can live safely in your own environment
- Garden and home maintenance
- Support for a particular condition, such as vision impairment, stroke, diabetes or dementia
How do you qualify for home care services in Sydney?
You can access a home care service in Sydney by applying for government-funded aged care through the My Aged Care website. This includes subsidised Home Care Packages in Sydney, where a provider (who you can choose) comes to your home to support you with everyday tasks, such as cooking, cleaning and laundry.
To qualify for aged care Home Care Packages in Sydney, you must be a senior who needs coordinated services to help you live at home, or a younger person with care needs that are not being met through other specialist services. You can apply online for a face-to-face assessment by following the prompts on the Australian government Aged Care website (or you can get a loved one to apply on your behalf).
The first step to receiving a Home Care Package is applying for an assessment with ACAT (the Aged Care Assessment Team). The assessment takes about 20 minutes, and you’ll be asked questions about your health, how you’re coping at home, and what services you already receive. You will need your Medicare card to do the assessment, so have it handy before you start.
Looking for Home Care Package providers in Sydney? We’re happy to help. With locations across a wide range of suburbs, we offer aged care home care packages in Sydney with an experienced team of carers who provide excellent service. For more information, please get in touch.
What are the home care package levels in Sydney?
Everyone has different care needs. To provide in home care to Sydney clients, the government offers four general categories that provide increasing amounts of funding, based on the amount of assistance you need at home. These are:
Level 1 aged care package in Sydney (basic care needs)
Level 2 aged care package in Sydney (low care needs)
Level 3 aged care package in Sydney (intermediate care needs)
Level 4 aged care package in Sydney (high care needs)
At Home Caring, our team of experienced care professionals will work with you to identify your level and care needs. We’ll help you design a care plan that best suits your needs and circumstances, based on the level of funding that you are eligible for.
What is the cost of home care packages in Sydney?
If you have a Home Care Package, the amount you pay towards your care services depends on your financial situation. The government will subsidise a certain amount of the cost of your care, while you are expected to contribute an amount that you can afford as a ‘basic daily fee’ and an ‘income-tested care fee’. You can find more information on the government My Aged Care website.
How do you apply for NDIS services in Sydney?
The NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) provides support to people who are living with a disability, along with their families and carers. To access a NDIS provider in Sydney, you must be aged between 7 and 65, living in Australia and have Australian residency, and require support (such as a person or special equipment) because of a permanent and significant disability.
If you are looking for a NDIS service provider in Sydney, we can help you – or help your loved one – with the application process, so that you can receive support as soon as possible. We can also match you with experienced NDIS carers in Sydney who can help you work towards your goals, and help you make the most of your NDIS funding.
For more information about our NDIS services, please get in touch for a free consultation.
How do I find NDIS providers in Sydney?
If you are looking for NDIS service providers in Sydney, we are more than happy to help. We can have a conversation with you to find out more about your situation, chat about what your needs are, and discover what goals you would like to achieve. You’ll also have a chance to get to know us, and find out more about our approach to care. For more information about NDIS registered providers in Sydney, please get in touch for a FREE consultation.