Level 1 Home Care Packages
Home Care Packages are home care services funded by the Australian Government. They help you with everyday tasks such as housework, laundry, taking care of yourself and doing the grocery shopping, so you can live independently at home.
Everyone has different care needs, so Home Care Packages are available as four levels, each with different government funding amounts. These range from basic care needs (Level 1) to low-level care needs (Level 2), intermediate care needs (Level 3) and high-level care needs (Level 4).
What is a Level 1 Home Care Package?
A Level 1 Home Care Package is for older people who have basic level care needs. As entry level support, it’s designed to give you extra help during the week, and may involve one or two visits a week from a professional care worker.
This level of support includes assistance with everyday tasks, such as:
- Personal care – help with showering, getting ready in the morning, continence management
- Domestic assistance – keeping your home clean and tidy
- Mela preparation – to ensure you eat nutritious and nourishing food
- Shopping assistance and transport to appointments
- Social activities, hobbies, community activities, and companionship
- Gardening assistance to keep your home safe and liveable
Home Care Packages are designed to be flexible, which means you can adapt your services as your needs change. For example, you might receive a few hours of care or domestic assistance each week, but after a couple of months, you may want to add meal preparation services to help you eat well at home.
Home Caring provides a personalised Level 1 Aged Care Package for seniors who need some extra help at home. Based in locations around Australia, our team of professional carers support you with compassion and respect, going above and beyond to provide a service you are happy with. To chat to a team member about your specific needs, please get in touch.
How can a Level 1 Home Care Package benefit me?
Aged Care Packages Level 1 are designed to help you stay safe and well at home. Getting a hand with the housework, personal care or shopping can help you stay at home for as long as possible. This helps prevent prematurely moving into a residential care facility, so you can continue living in the community and doing the things you love.
Home Care Level 1 can also help you maintain your quality of life. By getting help with the everyday things, you’ll enjoy better wellbeing, mental health and physical health. You can also keep living close to your support network, and even have opportunities to try new things.
How do I qualify for a Level 1 Home Care Package?
To be eligible for an HCP Level 1, you must be 65 years or old (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) and need support to live at home safely. You can apply for an aged care assessment on the My Aged Care government website, or appoint someone to apply on your behalf. An Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will then visit you, chat to you about your needs, and assess which Home Care Package level is right for you.
If you are eligible for Home Care Package Level 1 funding, you will be notified by mail through an approval letter, and placed in a queue to be assigned a package. While you wait, your next step is to choose a care provider who will use your Home Care Package funding to provide you with a care plan that suits your needs. Depending on your financial situation and level of care, you may be asked to contribute towards your care through a basic daily fee and an income-tested care fee.
Want to know how to prepare for an ACAT assessment? Here’s some information that may help.
Home Care Packages with Home Caring
Home Caring provides personalised Level 1 Home Care Packages for those who need basic assistance at home. Our services are flexible, so you can arrange a care worker to assist you at a time that suits your schedule. We also carefully match each of our clients with a professional who suits their lifestyle and personality, so you’ll always feel comfortable with your care.
As a registered service provider, we are:
- Individualised – we tailor our packages to suit each of our clients, and never treat two people as the same. We offer assistance with tasks in a way that is suited to your needs.
- Compassionate – we provide coordinated services with heart, and treat each of our clients as one of our own.
- Professional – we meet the highest standards, and pay attention to the details so you get the most out of your package funds.
- Local – our team of care workers and health professionals are from the areas they provide care in, so are best-placed to connect you with community services and activities.
- Collaborative – we take a coordinated approach to care, working with you, your loved ones and health care professionals to deliver the best outcomes for you.