24 Hour Care Plan tailored to your family’s needs may also include additional support such as grocery shopping, preparing meals, assistance with doctor’s appointments, afternoon walks, and caring for children. Anything we can do to help you manage your care duties is what our in home respite care services are all about.
Home Caring’s services are accessible 24 hours a day and include emergency support services for unforeseen circumstances as well as casual care for occasional weekends or evenings.
Often full time family carers find it difficult to maintain a balance between giving elderly care and ensuring they make the necessary time they need to recharge themselves. HomeCaring’s in home respite care services are specifically designed to provide maximum support and comfort to those carers who need assistance with making that time and space for themselves.
Respite care for adults is a must
You have probably heard somebody tell you before that you cannot care for someone else if you do not look after yourself. This is definitely the case. We all need to have a break from time to time. After all, if you continue to push yourself to the point whereby you feel ill and you are bedridden, then you are not going to be able to help anyone. This is why elder care respite services, including dementia respite services, are so important for families all across Australia. It means that the person that is currently looking after a loved one is able to get the break that they need. There are a lot of benefits that are associated with this respite care Australia. This includes the following…
- You will be able to recharge your physical and mental energy so that you are able to continue caring for the person that you love. We all need to learn proactively how to give ourselves the love and care that we need while we are also caring for a parent or a spouse.
- You will be able to retain your interests and hobbies, for example, this could be anything from playing tennis and golf to going to book club and choir.
- You will be able to stay connected with your friends and family, as well as your community and your neighbours.
- You will improve or maintain your physical health and fitness so that you remain strong and you are able to cope better with the stress that comes with caring for another person.
- You will be able to spend time living happily, for example, pursuing something that is fulfilling and makes you feel uplifted, for example a hobby or sport, as well as catching up with your friends.
- You will lower your stress levels. There is no denying that being a primary carer for somebody can be very stressful, especially if they have a chronic illness or disease or the suffering with a disability. Therefore, it is important to make sure that you have time out so that you can lower the stress that you are experiencing and this is exactly what respite services for caregivers can assist with.
Do not wait until you are exhausted to ask for help
One of the biggest mistakes that family carers all across the world make is that they only accept respite caregiver help when they are in a health crisis or they are completely exhausted and, therefore, they have no choice but to seek the help of someone else. However, the best thing to do is to be proactive when it comes to planning time away. You need to schedule time throughout the year so that you have some opportunities to spend time by yourself and replenish your spirit, as well as nourishing your body and soul. You cannot do this if you do not seek help until you are in a crisis, although we do offer emergency respite care for these situations. The best thing to do is to make sure that you schedule senior respite care throughout the year so that you can take short breaks and enjoy some time to yourself. There has been a lot of research and studies that have shown the carers suffer significantly from depression and that they have poor health when compared with the average person. This is why it is advisable to look for a reliable residential respite care service while looking after someone else.
Respite care services are available
It is important to recognise that when it comes to any type of care service, we will always cater our services to suit your needs. We offer a great assortment of care services, including all of the following:
We recognise that there is never a one size fits all solution when it comes to providing care for a loved one. We will never try to put you and your family in a box category whereby you can only select from a very rigid choice of care in home respite care services. Instead, we will adapt our private respite care services to suit your needs. We respect that change is something that a lot of people do not like, especially those that are suffering with an illness or disability, and so we will learn all about your current care routine so that we can keep things as consistent as possible while you are away. This is why the best thing to do is to give us a call and to discuss your requirements and then we can put together a plan in the schedule that is going to be appropriate for you and your loved one, as well as determining the respite care costs and giving you a quote. Nevertheless, below we are going to take a look at some of the different options are available to give you a better understanding of the sort of services that you can make the most of if you opt for respite care.
In-home respite care services
This relates to respite care for caregivers whereby a carer will come and live with your loved one until you return. They will arrive at your home and take over all of the responsibilities that you usually have. You do not need to worry about leaving everything in perfect order. We can take care of all of the responsibilities for you and we can ensure that your loved one gets showered and dressed in the morning. You do not have to do this. In fact, we recommend that the only thing that you do is get yourself ready so that you can leave and enjoy the break that you deserve. Respite care services like this can be booked for as long as you need them. Some people opt to book them for a week or two so that they can enjoy a vacation. There are then those who ask a carer to come in overnight so that they can spend an evening in their own bed or two simply get away for the night. After all, you may only need a respite care worker for a very small period of time while you run a couple of errands or simply go for a walk so that you can clear your mind. No matter what applies to you, we will adapt our respite services to suit your needs so that you can get on with whatever it is that you need to do. Of course, we realise that sometimes respite care for carers is necessary because of health problems, whether health problems that you are experiencing or someone else in your family is experiencing, and so you are not getting the luxury break that you deserve. If this happens, you may need us to be a bit more flexible and to provide respite aged care, including dementia care, several times throughout the month and for different periods of time. This is completely fine with us. As mentioned, we are here to accommodate your needs and adapt to whatever it is that is going to make you and your family happy.
One on one, out of your home, respite care services
Another option is to have a carer come and take your loved one so that you can enjoy some time in your own home. This is something that a lot of people crave because they feel like they have not been able to enjoy their home or have any time to themselves since they have become a carer. If quiet time at home is what you are looking for, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us and this is something that we will be able to assist you with. Below, we will take a look at some of the different reasons why you may prefer this type of respite care for elderly…
- You may prefer to go for this solution because you simply want to enjoy your own garden and home without the responsibility of being a carer for a little while.
- Maybe you want to speak to friends or family on the telephone and you do not want to risk being overheard.
- You may want to get your domestic chores done without any interruption.
- You may want to get some work done without any interruption.
- You may not be feeling very well and you may find that staying at home will lift your spirit. You may simply want to have a nap or put your feet up after having a difficult night of sleep.
If any of this applies to you, we recommend that you get in touch with us as soon as possible to discuss your options regarding private care.
Contact us for long or short term respite care to discover about our home care packages
If you have any further questions about the respite care services that we provide, including respite care for elderly with dementia, or you would like to organise respite care for you and your loved one from a reputable respite care provider, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us for more information. You can reach us by dialling 1300 875 377. You will speak to one of our friendly and experienced in home care team members who will be more than happy to assist you in any manner that they can so that you get the help that you need. You can also send us an email message if you were preferred and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.