Home Care Packages are home care services funded by the Australian Government. They can assist you with everyday tasks such as cleaning, cooking, doing the shopping, personal care and staying healthy at home.
Everyone has different care needs, so Home Care Packages are available as four levels, each with different government funding amounts. These range from basic level care needs (Level 1) to low-level care needs (Level 2), intermediate level care needs (Level 3) and high-level care needs (Level 4).
What is a Level 4 Home Care Package?
A Level 4 Aged Care Package is for older people who have high care needs. It is the highest level of care available on the Home Care Packages program, with the maximum hours of care. This includes a wide range of services, such as:
- Complex nursing care for various health conditions
- Clinical care at home, such as wound care
- Personal care, such as transferring in and out of bed
- Domestic assistance to keep your home clean and tidy
- Nutrition and meal preparation
- Mobility aids and independent living equipment
- Continence management
- Mobility assistance and falls prevention
- Respite care so your usual carer can take a break
- Transport and shopping assistance
- Garden maintenance
- Allied health therapies, such as podiatry and physiotherapy
- Additional services and extra assistance such as dementia therapy or cognitive support
Home Care Packages are tailored to your individual needs, which means you can adapt your care plan as your circumstances change. For example, you might be receiving personal care to get ready in the morning, but down the track, you may want to add more hours so your loved one can take a break, or include medication management to help you stay on top of your health conditions.
Home Caring provides a personalised Level 4 Aged Care Package for seniors with complex or multiple high care needs. Based in locations around Australia, our team of professional care workers are highly experienced at providing quality care. We are dedicated to providing a quality service you are happy with. To find out more, please get in touch.
How can a Level 4 Home Care Package benefit me?
Aged Care Packages Level 4 is professional support to help you stay safe and comfortable at home. Rather than moving into residential care before you are ready, you can age at home by getting help with everyday things, such as transferring in and out of bed, eating well, moving around the home, exercising, housework and more. It also means your loved one can take a break, knowing that you are in safe hands.
How do I qualify for a Level 4 Home Care Package?
To be eligible for an HCP Level 4, you must be 65 years or old (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) and need support to live at home safely. You can apply for an aged care assessment on the My Aged Care government website, or appoint someone to apply on your behalf. An Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will then visit you, chat to you about your needs, and assess which Home Care Package level is right for you.
If you are eligible for Home Care Package Level 4 funding, you will be notified by mail through an approval letter, and placed in a queue to be assigned a package. You will also be informed on your Level 4 Aged Care Package amount that you are eligible for.
While you wait, your next step is to choose a care provider who will use your Home Care Package funding to provide you with a care plan that suits your needs. Depending on your financial situation and personal circumstances, you may be asked to contribute towards your care through a basic daily fee and an income-tested care fee.
Want to know how to prepare for an ACAT assessment? Here’s some information that may help.
Home Care Packages with Home Caring
Home Caring provides Level 4 Home Care Packages for those who need complex care at home. Our services are tailored to you, so you can arrange a care worker to assist you at a time that suits your schedule. We also carefully match each of our clients with an experienced professional who suits their lifestyle and personality, so you’ll always feel comfortable with your care.
As a registered service provider, we are:
- Individualised – we provide an individualised care plan to each client, and never treat two people as the same. We assist with tasks in a way that is suited to your needs.
- Compassionate – we provide coordinated services with heart, and treat each of our clients as one of our own.
- Professional – our experienced team meets the highest standards, and pay attention to the details so you get the most out of your package funds.
- Local – our team of care workers and health professionals are from the areas they provide care in, so are best-placed to connect you with community services and activities.
- Collaborative – we take a coordinated approach to care, working with you, your loved ones and health care professionals to deliver the best outcomes for daily life.
For more information about our Home Care Packages, please get in touch. We’d be happy to have a friendly chat about your needs.