Home Care Packages are affordable care services, provided through an Australian Government contribution, that help you live independent at home. They can help you with everyday tasks such as getting ready in the morning, doing the laundry or cooking meals. A Home Care Package can also give you an opportunity to stay active with social programs and transport to get you out and about.
Everyone has different care needs, so Home Care Packages are available as four separate levels of care. These range from basic care (Level 1) to low-level care needs (Level 2), intermediate level care needs (Level 3) and high-level care needs (Level 4).
What is a Level 3 Home Care Package?
A Level 3 Aged Care Package is for people with intermediate care needs, but who don’t require complex care. This usually means accessing daily support, whether it’s help getting dressed in the morning, dementia care, nursing services or medication management. The aim is to help you stay safe and comfortable at home, so you can continue living in the community for as long as you choose.
An Aged Care Level 3 Package includes aged care services like:
- Personal care assistance
- Household assistance to keep your home clean and tidy
- Meal preparation and nutrition support
- Help with the shopping
- Transport to appointments and activities
- Social activities and companionship
- Garden maintenance
- Nursing services (e.g. wound care and medication management)
- Independent living aids and assistive technology
- Home modifications (e.g. installing safety rails in your home)
- Allied health services (e.g. podiatry, physiotherapy, speech therapy)
- Specialised support, such as hearing and vision services, dementia care, care for cognitive needs
Home Caring provides personalised Level 3 Home Care Packages for seniors who want to age at home. Based in locations around Australia, our team of professional care workers are dedicated to providing a personalised service that makes a difference to your life. For more information, please get in touch.
How can a Level 3 Home Care Package benefit me?
An HCP Level 3 enables you to keep living at home, rather than moving into residential care before you are ready. By receiving coordinated services such as nursing care, personal care or help with the housework, you can be safe and comfortable in a familiar environment, and help prevent serious health conditions as you age.
A Home Care Package can also enable you to keep living with your family and loved ones, so you can enjoy quality of life and stay close to your support network and local community.
How do I qualify for a Level 3 Home Care Package?
To be eligible for an HCP Level 3, you must be 65 years or old (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) and need support to live at home safely.
You can apply for an aged care assessment on the My Aged Care government website, or appoint someone to apply on your behalf. An Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) health professional will then visit you, chat to you about your needs, and assess which Home Care Package level is right for you.
If you are eligible for Home Care Package Level 3 funding, you will be notified by mail through an approval letter, with a waiting period before you are assigned a package. While you wait, you can select a care provider who will use your Home Care Package funding to provide you with a care plan that suits your needs. Depending on your personal circumstances, you may be asked to contribute towards your care through two care package fees: a basic daily fee and an income-tested care fee, determined through an income assessment.
Want to know how to prepare for an ACAT assessment? Here’s some information that may be helpful to you.
Home Care Packages with Home Caring
Home Caring provides Level 3 Home Care Packages for those who need intermediate care at home. We’ll work with you to develop a care plan that meets your needs, so you can make the most of your funding. Our services are also adaptable – as your circumstances change, you can change your plan to support you in the best possible way.
As a service provider registered with My Aged Care, we are:
- Individualised – all of our care plans are uniquely tailored to our clients.
- Compassionate – we care for people with kindness, gentleness and respect.
- Professional – we provide high-quality care that makes the most of your package funds.
- Local – we’re flexible and close by, so we can provide our services at a time that suits you.
- Collaborative – our dedicated care workers work with you, so you’re always in charge of your care.
To have a friendly chat with someone about our in-home care services and receive expert advice, please get in touch. We’re more than happy to help.