Funded by the Australian government, Home Care Packages are affordable care services that help you live independent at home. They help you with everyday tasks such as cleaning, gardening, having a shower and going to appointments, so you can live independently at home.
Everyone has different care needs, so Home Care Packages are available as four levels of care. These range from basic assistance (Level 1) to low care needs (Level 2), intermediate level care needs (Level 3) and high-level care needs (Level 4).
What is a Level 2 Home Care Package?
A Level 2 Home Care Package is the most common type of package in Australia. If you have low level care needs (more than basic level care, but not as much as complex care), this level of funding provides help with daily tasks so you can keep living happily in your local. Community.
A Level 2 Aged Care Package includes the following range of tasks:
- Personal care assistance, such as help with showering and getting dressed
- Domestic assistance to keep your home clean and tidy
- Mela preparation to ensure you eat nutritious and nourishing food
- Help with doing the shopping
- Transport to get you out and about
- Social activities, hobbies, community activities, and companionship
- Garden maintenance to keep your outdoor areas safe and pleasant
- Some low-level nursing care services
- Independent living aids and basic care equipment
- Allied health services, such as podiatry, physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Medication management services
A Home Care Package can be adjusted as your situation changes. For example, a service provider might send a support worker to visit you once a week to help you with the housework and personal care, but in time, you may want to assistive aids, such as a walker or lift chair, to help you move safely and stay comfortable around the home.
Home Caring provides personalised Aged Care Level 2 Packages for seniors who need a low number of hours of care at home. Based in locations around Australia, our team of professional carers go above and beyond to provide a personalised service you are happy with. To chat to a team member about your specific needs, please get in touch.
How can a Level 2 Home Care Package benefit me?
An HCP Level 2 is a good way to ensure your needs are met, so you can continue living safely and comfortably at home. By taking care of the little things, you’re more likely to live at home for longer, and prevent moving into an aged care facility before you are ready. It’s also a good way to care for your health and wellbeing as you age.
How do I qualify for a Level 2 Home Care Package?
To be eligible for an HCP Level 2, you must be 65 years or old (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) and need support to live at home safely.
You can apply for an aged care assessment on the My Aged Care government website, or appoint someone to apply on your behalf. An Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) health professional will then visit you, chat to you about your needs, and assess which Home Care Package level is right for you.
If you are eligible for Home Care Package Level 2 funding, you will be notified by mail through an approval letter, and placed in a national queue to be assigned a package. While you wait, you can select a care provider who will use your Home Care Package funding to provide you with a care plan that suits your needs. Depending on your personal circumstances, you may be asked to contribute towards your care through two care package fees: a basic daily fee and an income-tested care fee, determined through an income assessment.
Want to know how to prepare for an ACAT assessment? Here’s some information that may be helpful to you.
Home Care Packages with Home Caring
Home Caring provides exceptional Level 2 Home Care Packages for those who need a low level of care at home. Our services are adaptable, so you can arrange a care worker to assist you at a time that suits your schedule. We also match each of our clients with a care worker who they get along with, so you’ll always feel comfortable with your care.
As a registered aged care provider, we are:
- Individualised – all of our care plans are uniquely tailored to our clients.
- Compassionate – we care for people with kindness, gentleness and respect.
- Professional – we provide high-quality care that makes the most of your package funds.
- Local – we’re flexible and close by, so we can provide our services at a time that suits you.
- Collaborative – we work with you, so you’re always in charge of your care.
To chat to someone about our in-home care services and receive expert advice, please get in touch. Our care experts are happy to help.