What To Expect From Our Live In Care Service
Our live in care service is exactly what it says on the tin. Once you sign up, we will send one of our professional caregivers round to live in with the individual who requires the care. More often than not, the care will be split between two professionals who will each live in with the client for a set number of days.
We will be able to provide our live in home help for the elderly on a full-time or part-time basis. Here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect from both of our services:
- Part-Time Live In Care – This is often chosen by individuals who have family members looking after them for a few days in the week. They might not need the help and assistance of our services every day.
- Full-Time Live In Care – For individuals who do not have any family who can help them with care or they may have special needs that their family are unable to help them with, our full-time live in care package is the perfect option. The work is often split between two caregivers who take it in turns to live with the client in 24-hour shifts. During these shifts, they are always on-hand whenever the client may require their assistance. Eight hours of active care can be provided during this time.
Short-Term Live In Care
If you don’t need live in care for the long term, then we can offer you a short-term live in care package. This comes in very useful for clients who already have a primary caregiver as it can be used for respite. If the usual caregiver ever wants a night off or is planning on a short holiday, then we can send in some live in assistants to cover this period. This is also the perfect care package for elderly people who are coming home after a stay in hospital.
With this kind of care, we can offer the following useful services:
- Helping the individual to resettle into their usual routine and schedule if they have just returned home after a stint in hospital.
- Support the client in rebuilding their strength and confidence in their own home.
- Ensuring that the client eats and drinks well and at appropriate times.
- Assist them with daily jobs and chores.
- Help them relearn any skills that they might have lost while in hospital.
- Continue with the usual care responsibilities while the primary caregiver is taking a break.
As well as helping with essential care, our short-term live in senior care also encourages clients to reconnect and establish strong relationships with friends and family. That way, they can be happy knowing that they will be well looked after by their loved ones once our services come to an end.
Long-Term Live In Care
If a potential client needs the help of our live in care for a longer period of time, then we can offer a long-term package. These packages are often ongoing and we will work closely with the client over a number of years. We do everything that we can to make sure that the client enjoys a long and happy life in the comfort of their own home. Not only that, though, but our caregivers also enjoy giving our clients plenty of companionship and being there for someone to talk to. This also enables the primary caregiver to enjoy a fulfilling life away from the home.
It’s very likely that this long-term live in care turns into our palliative care. As part of this, the care we give becomes a lot more focused and we do everything we can to provide the best possible end of life care.
Why Choose Us For Live In Care
There are so many home care companies that offer this kind of live in care in the local region. Why choose us over all the others? For one, we are one of the most reputable and reliable firms in the area and our clients and their families always praise our work and services highly. Here are a few other reasons why that is:
- Our Clients Taylor Our Services To Their Own Needs
We know that all of the clients who require our services will have different needs and requirements. Some might need to have extensive support in specialist medication and treatments while others might just want a companion to keep them company in case they fall over and are unable to get back up. When you get in touch with us regarding our live in help for the elderly, we will be able to discuss your needs to see how we can use our live in care to help you the most.
- We Are Discreet And Value Clients’ Privacy
Our team of professional caregivers will never broadcast the fact that you are receiving care from us. We also ensure that your neighbours are not aware that you are using care services either as none of our team will enter your home wearing uniforms and they won’t arrive in branded cars. We know that lots of our clients value this discreetness as they don’t want their private affairs known by the whole neighbourhood.
- We Can Offer Extensive SupportThanks to our large team of carers and nurses, we are able to offer a very wide range of services. Our live in care covers other aspects of care, such as palliative care and end of life care, as well as dementia care and support for those with mental health issues. Each of the nurses and carers in our team is fully qualified and has extensive experience, so you can be sure that our extensive support is completely reliable and supportive.
- Our Support Is Completely FlexibleOne of the big benefits of our live in home care is that you will be able to change it as and when you need. We understand that an individual’s needs can and do change. So, you will be able to increase or decrease the number of hours we provide for you with some notice. If necessary, we can even place the services on hold for a month if the client ever goes away or it is not needed for other reasons.
- Our Care Is Very Personal
Our clients are always at the centre of what we do. Our team will always endeavour to get to know everyone who they work with very well. Thanks to this personal care, many of our clients find that they become firm friends with the nurses and caregivers who they see on a regular basis.
- Our Contracts Won’t Lock You In
We know that the cost of care is a big concern for many of our clients and those who are considering using our services. We’re also aware that a family’s finances can quickly change over a short period of time. That’s why our contracts don’t lock you in for extensive periods during which you might be unable to pay.
- You Can Use Government FundingDid you also know that we accept government funding? If you think that you would struggle to afford the standard live in carer costs, it’s worth getting in touch and we can point you in the right direction of funding.
What Are The Requirements For Live In Care?
In order for us to provide you with our live in care services, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Live In Carers Require A Separate Bedroom – The carer will need to have access to a separate bedroom that features a suitable bed and suitable fixtures and fittings so that they can sleep in comfort.
- Smoke And Carbon Monoxide Detectors – The home needs to have sufficient safety features, including either battery or hard-wired smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- The Client Can Sleep Well Through The Night – As part of our live in care service, we are able to assist a client who needs help to go to the toilet or take their pain medication in the middle of the night. We are also able to help when a client wakes up confused and needs to be redirected to their own bed. However, if the client wakes up numerous times throughout the night, then we will be unable to assist, unfortunately. That’s because it reduces the caregiver’s chance to sleep, which will leave them sleep deprived for their duties and responsibilities the following day.
- The Caregiver Or Nurse Is Able To Take A Short Walking Break – We know that taking breaks is essential for our carer and nurses’ mental health. If they are able to walk during these breaks, then even better. So, if a family member or friend comes round to visit the client, it is expected that the carer or nurse will take advantage of this opportunity to take a short walking break.
How Will Our Live In Carers Help The Client?
Our live in carers can help clients with a range of chores and tasks. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with personal care and hygiene
- Guide the client through exercises set by their physio
- Shop for groceries
- Transport and accompany to medical and healthcare appointments
- Observe medical conditions
- Cook healthy and filling meals
- Provide companionship
- Ensure regular hydration
- Help with light housekeeping
- Provide palliative care when necessary
You can have peace of mind knowing that all of the caregivers and nurses who work closely with our clients are fully trained and have a range of suitable qualifications. They have experience providing care to individuals with various medical and health needs as well, so they will be well equipped to handle the majority of situations that may occur.
Take Part In A Trial
Are you interested in finding out more about our services? If so, then you might want to take part in a trial with us.
We know that you will want to find the best possible live in senior care for your elderly relative, and taking part in a trial is a very easy way to see how we work for yourself. This is also a great chance for our team to see how we can tailor our services so that they fit the potential client’s needs completely. During this time, we can also send different nurses and carers to the client’s home to see who they gel with the most.
If you are interested in trying out a trial with us, then give us a call and we can arrange one for you.
We understand that families want to find the best possible live in care for their elderly relatives, so we are more than happy to answer any further questions that you might have. Get in touch with us now to find out even more or to arrange a trial run. Our team will be able to provide you with more information regarding our prices and availability. Either give us a call or drop us a quick email and someone will get back to you before too long.