NDIS Social and Community Participation
Life wasn’t meant to be lived alone. Getting out and about, meeting people, building friendships and participating in fun activities is an important part of living a full and active life. For people with disability, this requires accessing the right support, so they can dp the things they love.
Social and Community Participation is all about helping people with disability be part of their community. This could be having a support worker help you participate in your favourite sport, getting transport to a regular activity, learning and practicing a new skill, or staying at an overnight camp in the holidays.
Home Caring provides Social and Community Participation services that help make your dreams a reality. We’ll take the time to understand what you’d like to learn or do, help you create a plan to make it happen with different types of activities and a mix of supports, and provide plenty of assistance along the way.
Some examples of NDIS community participation activities and supports are:
- Learning a new skill or pursuing a new interest, such as horse riding, art classes, sports coaching, community classes or sailing
- Going on a fun outing, such as visiting a farm to see animals, a day at the beach, attending a music concert, or a trip to the movies
- Everyday NDIS social activities, such as visiting the library, music classes, volunteering, or BBQs with friends
- Learning life skills that help you get out in the community, such as catching public transport
- Attending a holiday camp or day program where you can take part in vacation activities, build your capacity and make friends
- Joining a social club related to your interests, where you can make friends and enjoy time with others
- Community activities, such as playing your favourite sport for a local team or attending an event in your local area
- Having a support worker accompany you to an activity, and provide support so you can participate
Home Caring can help you access Social and Community Participation support in your area. To find out more, please get in touch with our friendly team for a free consultation.
At Home Caring, we are passionate about empowering people with disability to be all they can be. Our skilled support workers, support coordinators, community engagement practitioners and disability care experts get alongside you, giving you support to try new things and engage with the community.
Our approach is:
- Collaborative – we partner with you so that together, we can make your dreams come true.
- Inspiring – we have a strengths-based approach to support, and a positive outlook on life.
- Expert – we value quality service and work hard to ensure you’re happy with your support.
- Personal – we’ll create an individualised plan for community engagement, just for you.
- Fun – we’ll help you plan activities you’ll really enjoy, so you can get the most out of life
NDIS Innovative Community Participation
Home Caring provides Innovative Community Participation to NDIS participants around Australia. This is a program where you can learn valuable skills, develop independence, and actively participate in the community. Our team of experts and community engagement practitioners will help you build resilience, while boosting your confidence at the same time.
For more information on NDIS community participation supports with Home Caring, please get in touch for a free consultation with our qualified staff