Disability Support Workers
If you’re living with disability, getting support is crucial. The right person can help you tackle life’s challenges with a positive mindset, so you live each day with confidence.
Home Caring’s support workers help people with disability thrive by providing assistance, training and encouragement in everyday life. Whether it’s helping you with the housework, providing personal care or learning important life skills, we’ve got your back – no matter your ability.
We are a registered NDIS provider, with teams in major cities and regional areas across New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, and Canberra. Here are some of the things our support workers can help you with:
- Personal care (e.g. help bathing and getting dressed)
- Mobility assistance
- Medication management
- Meal planning and preparation
- Household chores
- Support for challenging behaviours
- Companionship and emotional support
- Support to participate in social activities
- Managing appointments
- Learning communication skills
- Setting and working towards your NDIS goals
- Advocating for your rights
- Maintaining a record of your activities
- Minimising risks and hazards you may face
- Employment and education support
- Guidance and support for families
- Respite care
Home Caring has been supporting people with disability, in the communities where they live, for many years. As a disability service provider, here’s what you can expect from our NDIS support workers.
- Skills and knowledge– our staff are fully qualified, have a police check and children check, and are rigorously screened. We have all the skills needed to provide quality care for a wide range of disabilities.
- Experience – our staff have experience working with people of all ages and backgrounds, and deliver quality care with dedication and sensitivity.
- Flexible shifts – we understand that life can be busy. Our support workers are locals in the areas where they work, so they are able to provide affordable care at a time that suits you.
- Personal – we’ll take the time to get to know you, build a rapport with you and your family, and understand your goals. As your cheerleader, we’ll encourage you in everyday life with person-centred care.
- Passionate – we are dedicated to providing quality support in the community. We believe everyone – no matter their ability – deserves an opportunity to lead a full life.
- Multicultural – our support workers come from a wide range of cultural backgrounds, and are able to provide culturally appropriate and bilingual support.