Supported Independent Living Melbourne
Part of living a happy, healthy life is being independent and being able to do the things that bring you joy. But sometimes, we need a little support to make that happen.
Home Caring provides people living with disability all the support they need to live in their own home. Funded by the NDIS, this is called Supported Independent Living (SIL). It ensures your daily support needs are taken care of, while teaching you valuable skills that help you be as independent as possible.
Our local teams of disability professionals provide individualised support that is tailored to your goals. Whether you need help getting out of bed in the morning, supervision throughout the day, assistance with household budgeting or want to learn how to do your own laundry, we’re here for you – every step of the way.
Our SIL NDIS Melbourne services include:
- Personal care (e.g. toileting, showering, grooming, getting ready in the morning)
- 24-hour support for people with high care needs
- Transfers in and out of bed
- Assistance with medication management
- Learning daily living skills
- Help with tasks like laundry and grocery shopping
- Developing social skills
- Group activities with housemates
- Preparing nutritious meals
- Actioning behaviour support plans
- Support for medical appointments
- Support with supervision, personal safety and security
- Help with catching public transport
- Learning how to manage your household budget
- Planning social activities you enjoy
- Organising household rosters and activities
All of our support workers are rigorously screened, and offer best practice NDIS SIL in Melbourne. We love what we do, and are passionate about helping people in the community enjoy quality of life, with no barriers.