What is Supported Independent Living?
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is a NDIS support which provides assistance to people who need assistance to live independently in their own home. It helps people with disability, mental health conditions, or other support needs develop the skills they need to run their own homes and to live as independently as possible. SIL recognises that every person has unique needs and aspirations, and provides tailored support accordingly.
If you are part of a Supported Independent Living program, you could receive help with tasks such as managing finances, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, and personal care. The level of support can vary depending on the needs of each person. Some people may require 24-hour support, while others may only need a few hours of support each week. The goal of SIL is to help you develop the skills and confidence, while providing access to the support you need to live safely and comfortably.
Supported Independent Living NDIS in Tasmania
Home Caring provides NDIS Supported Independent Living in Tasmania’s suburbs, giving locals with disability the opportunity to live a full and rewarding life.
Our SIL disability group homes in Tasmania provide an opportunity to make friends, learn important skills, socialise with others, get the support you need, and create a routine that works for you. All of our homes are in prime locations as part of thriving communities, close to public transport, natural surroundings, all amenities, education and employment opportunities, and recreation spaces.
We also offer SIL services in your own home, if that is the best option for your needs. Our support workers will visit you and support you with everyday tasks, so you can live as independently as possible.
Our Approach to SIL
With decades of experience, we are committed to providing an excellent service that gives every one of our clients the opportunity to life a healthy, happy and fulfilling life.
Our service approach is:
- Tailored – our highly trained professionals take the time to understand your individual situation and provide personalised solutions that fit your specific requirements.
- Exceptional – our SIL services are provided to a high standard based on NDIS quality measurements. we pay attention to the little things and offer exceptional customer service.
- Compassionate – we treat you as a person of worth, value your dignity, and always work alongside you with a positive attitude.
- Empowering – we’ll be your cheerleader for life, supporting you and guiding you with daily tasks as you work towards achieving your personal goals. You’ll experience opportunities to grow your skills, encouraging independence.
- Multidisciplinary – we’ll partner with you and your wide support network to deliver great outcomes. We take a multidisciplinary approach to support and consult with others.
- Respectful – you should be in the driver’s seat of your support plan. We help you make informed decisions, values your choices, and always treat you with the respect you deserve.
Home Caring provides Supported Independent Living NDIS in Tasmania, in various locations for your convenience. We also offer disability homes in Tasmania for those who’d like to live in an inclusive household. To find out more about receiving Supported Independent Living services in your area and property locations, please get in touch with our customer service team.