TAC / WorkSafe

TAC Services

Recovering from transport accident injuries can be challenging. Your recovery is the most important thing, so you can achieve your goals and continue moving forward in life.

Home Caring is here to help you. As a registered service provider with the Transport Accident Commission in Victoria, we can provide support if you are recovering from a severe injury or living with a disability due to a transport accident, so you can gain functional independence and enjoy quality of life.

Our TAC services include:

  • Post-acute care or attendant care support such as personal care, transferring in and out of bed, or helping you move around your home after a stay in hospital
  • TAC home services such as housework, laundry, cleaning and preparing meals. Our carers will support you with daily living tasks as you recover, and are able to take on tasks for yourself
  • Supported accommodation in a safe and warm environment, if you find it difficult to live independently without help
  • Disability service to help you build your skills, engage with the community and increase your independence
  • Independent living aids and specialised equipment such as wheelchairs, walking frames, hospital beds and lift chairs
  • Home modifications so you can live independently, such as installing handrails in the bathroom or an access ramp to your home
  • 24-hour care if you have special requirements and need round the clock support to help you stay safe during the recovery process

For more information or to inquire about a services provider for you or your loved one, get in touch. Please note that you need a current approval through the TAC (Claim Number) to receive our services.

Our multidisciplinary team

When it comes to home care and support, we’re the experts. Our locally based teams of support workers, carers and health professionals are experienced and skilled at providing support to a quality standard, with compassion and respect. We also have the expertise to meet any special requirements, such as physical injury, brain injury expertise, permanent disability, mental injury, and rehabilitation services.

We work closely with your coordinator and GPs to make sure you receive individualised support once you are discharged from hospital. We also take the time to understand your situation and your family’s schedule, so your care is exactly what you need.

What are TAC services?

The Transport Accident Commission supports people who are injured on Victoria’s roads. This means that if you have been injured in a transport-related incident, you may be eligible for support from the TAC. This could include treatment services to help you recover or longer-term support if the injury you sustained is significant, permanent and ongoing.

You can make a TAC claim if:

  • you, or someone you represent, was involved in an accident caused by the driving of a car, motorcycle, bus, train or tram
  • you are a pedestrian or cyclist who was injured in an accident caused by the driving of a car, motorcycle, bus, train or tram
  • cyclist who collided with a stationary motor vehicle on or after 9 July 2014 are also covered

How much support do you receive?

Every person’s needs are different. The TAC looks at each case individually when determining how much to pay. The support provided depends on your circumstances, and may include:

  • help with paying for medical treatment and rehabilitation needed for your injuries
  • support services to support you while you recover, such as help with housework
  • income support if you can’t work because of your accident injuries
  • return to work support for you and your employer
  • a lump sum payment if you are eligible for compensation.

The TAC doesn’t cover damage to your vehicle or services that aren’t related to your transport accident. As your needs change, the TAC continually reviews your services to ensure they are reasonable and reflect what you can and cannot do.

For more information about TAC services, visit the TAC website.

Do you have questions about TAC registered providers? Or would like to chat to someone in person? Give us a call on 1300 875 377. We’re happy to help.

Google Rating
Based on 165 reviews
Google Rating
Based on 165 reviews

Contact Our Friendly Home Care Team To Find Out More.