Supported Independent Living doesn’t mean sacrificing on luxury. Home Caring Bowral’s spacious SIL home in Mittagong offers magnificent sense of style, scale and sophistication with soaring nine-foot ceilings, quality inclusions and a superior layout.
Our dedicated team will provide all the supports you need, from personal care to domestic assistance, learning life skills and social participation. You’ll enjoy living independently in the community in a comfortable environment, while being supported to work towards the goals in your NDIS plan.
This SIL home includes:
- 4 bedrooms with built-in wardrobes, including an ensuite
- Extra bedroom or media room
- 2 modern bathrooms
- Double garage with internal access
- Open and spacious living and dining area with seamless flow
- Large laundry space with plenty of storage
- Deluxe kitchen with Caesarstone benchtops and splashback, custom cabinetry and European appliances
- Picturesque landscape views
- LED lighting
- Fully ducted reverse cycle air conditioning
- Alarm system and intercom
Our Southern Highlights SIL home is located at the centre of Mittagong, close to everything you need. Enjoy living amongst beautiful surrounds and stunning parklands, yet close to all amenities and only 15 minutes from Bowral.
What is SIL?
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is a type of support available under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), which helps individuals in live independently within their community. SIL services include a range of support activities such as help with daily tasks like getting dressed, 24/7 support, doing laundry, cooking meals, and developing life skills. SIL is designed for participants with high support needs due to their disability, and who require significant assistance throughout the week. It is available for NDIS participants living in group homes or those living independently. The funding for SIL is under the Core Supports category in your NDIS plan.
Home Caring offers NDIS Supported Independent Living services across Sydney and Bowral, providing people with disabilities the opportunity to live in their community while receiving the support they need. Our support are tailored according to your NDIS plan, and you’ll be part of a friendly and supportive household that helps you develop important life skills and a routine that works best for you.
Our Approach to SIL
At Home Caring Bowral, we pride ourselves on providing an exceptional service that enables our clients to live a healthy, happy and fulfilling life – with the right support behind them.
Our service approach is:
- Person-centred– we genuinely care for the people we support, taking the time to build a trusting relationship that boosts confidence and provides the best environment for support.
- Professional –our services are of the highest standards based on quality measurements. We pay attention to the little things and strive to deliver quality support our clients can trust.
- Tailored– there’s no one size fits all in disability care. Our local team of professional disability workers tailor their SIL services to provide individualised assistance.
- Enabling – a positive mindset goes a long way! We’ll be your cheerleader for life, supporting you and cheering you on as you work towards achieving your personal goals.
- Collaborative – we’ll work with you (and your wider support network) to help you achieve your goals. We take a multidisciplinary approach to disability care.
- Respectful– you are in the driver’s seat of your support plan. We help you make informed decisions, values your choices, and take feedback on board.