Paediatric Services at home
Home Caring provides paediatric care to support children with complex medical conditions and high care needs in the comfort of their own home.
Accessing quality clinical care for your child at home can help them enjoy quality of life, while easing the pressures of travelling to medical appointments for your family. Our clinical care team, including Paediatric Nurses, can support your child with complex conditions, so your family can continue to thrive in everyday life.
Home Caring is a registered NDIS provider, and can support NDIS participants of all ages. We’ll provide you with choice and control, while ensuring quality support.
We offer a range of services that cater to the unique needs of children, including:
- Paediatric nursing care – including wound care, medication management, gastrostomy care and tracheostomy care, Nasogastric tubes/TPT tubes, seizure management, 24/7 support, clinical support in school
- Respiratory therapy – including CPAP/BiPap therapy, ventilation, oxygen therapy, high flow, nebulisation
- Infusion therapy – administrating medicines through different methods (oral, IV, IM and subcutaneous injection)
- Palliative care – supporting families whose children are facing life-limiting conditions, including pain management, symptom management and emotional support
- Short Term Accommodation (Respite) – clinical support for families caring for children with complex conditions, so they can take a break, including planned and emergency in home respite
- Training for families – training on how to use equipment, administer child-specific care, general guidance and advice for family carers.
- Daily support – help with everyday needs, personal care, learning life skills, community participation, transport, support for challenging behaviours.
- Nursing Care plans – we’ll help create a Nursing Care plan in consultation with you and your family, and tailored to your child’s individual needs and circumstances.
- NDIS support for kids with complex disabilities – we’ll help you with implementing your NDIS plan, ensuring you’re making the most of your funding, and providing personalised support that meets your child’s needs.
The team at Home Caring is experienced at caring for children with a range of different chronic and complex care needs and syndromes, including but not limited to cerebral palsy, developmental delay, Trisomy 21, SMA, Spina bifida and mitochondrial disorders. We also provide quality care for children who are non-verbal or non-mobile.