Home Care Packages (HCP) in Canberra
Living at home amongst the people you love is a great way to grow older, but sometimes this can be difficult to achieve – especially if everyday tasks are starting to become a challenge. The good news is that help is available through the Home Care Package program.
A Home Care Package is a coordinated program of government-funded aged care services, provided in your own home. It might be domestic assistance, social outings in your area, medication management, or personal care. It could even be modifying your home, so you can live safely in your local community.
Whatever your needs, Home Caring provides personalised Home Care Packages in Canberra, tailored just for you. Our teams of health care workers and professional carers will assist you with an extensive range of services, so you can live a rich and rewarding life at home.
- Personal care (e.g. help with showering, getting dressed, toileting)
- Domestic assistance (e.g. help with the laundry and housework tasks)
- Grocery shopping assistance
- Meal preparation to help you eat well
- Medication management
- Transport to appointments and activities
- Therapies and health care (e.g. physiotherapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, podiatry)
- Clinical care at home (e.g. wound care, services for special conditions)
- Complex care for high needs and managing chronic conditions
- 24/7 support and overnight stays
- Respite care services to give family members peace of mind
- Minor home modifications (e.g. installing railings, special lighting or ramps in your home)
- Garden and home maintenance
- Mobility equipment and assistive technology
- Social activities and outings, companionship and recreation activities
- Palliative care and support for families
- Exercise, physical health, mental health and wellbeing support for positive ageing
- Continence management
- Specialised care for people with dementia