NDIS Plan Management Services
Home Caring’s NDIS Plan Management services will help you stay on top of your NDIS plan, so you can get on with enjoying life. With years of NDIS experience behind us, our team of experts will take the stress out of managing your budget, paying service providers and keeping track of your spending. We’ll give you freedom to live the life you choose.
How we partner with you
Managing your NDIS plan can be an overwhelming experience for many people. A NDIS plan manager can help you keep track of the financial aspects of your plan, while making sure you stay in full control over your budget. This can help take away the stress of administration, so you can focus on reaching your life goals.
Our experienced plan managers can support you by:
Helping with time-consuming admin tasks
- Helping you track and manage your plan’s budget
- Accurately processing service provider invoices and paying providers quickly on your behalf
- Claiming from the NDIS, according to the price guide
- Managing your NDIS funds on your behalf, which frees up your time so you can focus on other things
- Minimise the time you spend on administration and paperwork while we deal with the NDIS portal for you
- Keeping spending records for your NDIS plan
Helping you get the most out of your plan
- Highlighting areas where you may be underspending your funding, so you can get the most out of your plan
- Helping you get the most value out of the funding you receive, based on your individual goals
- Ensuring you don’t exceed your NDIS plan’s limit
- Ensuing your funds are being spent according to your plan
- Checking your invoices are accurate so you don’t pay more than you need to from your funding
- Confirming that your services are being delivered according to your plan
Keeping you in control of your NDIS plan
- Explaining exactly what your funding covers
- Helping you understand how your funds are being used with easy-to-understand financial reporting and budget balances
- Empowering you to make informed decisions about your NDIS service providers and support
- Giving advice based on our many years of NDIS expertise
- Providing you with regular reports of how much you’re spending, and the funds that are remaining in your plan
- Giving you flexibility – you can choose the service providers you want, which gives you more control over your plan
Our Plan Management Team
As a NDIS plan management provider, we’re dedicated to excellent customer service, so you have the best experience on your NDIS journey.
With years of experience and expertise behind us, we understand not only how the NDIS works, but what participants need to have a good experience of their services.
We’ll help you feel good about your spending, and confident that you’re paying invoices on time. And we’ll provide help with financial management of your plan, so you can spend more time engaging with your service provider.
Our team of experts will also work closely with you, taking the time to understand your unique needs and circumstances. We aim to help you maintain a NDIS plan that helps you achieve your personal goals. Our services are tailored to you, and we’re always available to answer any questions you may have.
Our NDIS plan management services are:
- Empowering – using a NDIS plan manager doesn’t mean you aren’t in control. We’ll empower you to make informed decisions about your support.
- Experienced – we’ll make managing your NDIS plan easy, and help you get the most value out of your funding.
- Passionate – we care about getting the little things right, and work hard to provide a service that you’re truly happy with.
- Flexible – we’re here to answer any questions you may have, and provide guidance when you need it. We can also help identify any areas where you are underspending your NDIS funding.
Looking for a NDIS registered plan management provider near you? We provide services across Australia, including major cities and regional New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, and Western Australia. To chat to someone about services in your area, please get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is NDIS plan management?
NDIS plan management is a type of disability service designed to help a NDIS participant manage their plan’s funds in the best possible way. It is funded through the NDIS, and participants are able to choose who provides them with this service.Some of the tasks a NDIS plan manager does for are:
- Monitoring a NDIS participant’s budget
- Processing NDIS claims on behalf on the participant
- ensuring service providers are paid on time
- Providing regular statements to participants, showing how much funds is in their plan
- Notifying participants if their funds are over or underused
- Checking invoices are accurate
- Helping participants keep track of their spending so they can make informed choices
- Helping participants understand their funding and how it works
A plan manager provides different types of support compared to a Local Area Coordinator or support coordinator. They are not responsible for helping participants connect with providers or community supports. They are not expected to maintain a participant’s NDIS supports through rostering services, or provide NDIS advocacy services.
Plan management providers in Australia should be registered with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
How can I get plan management included in my funding?
Plan management comes under ‘Improved Life Choices’, one of the sub-categories in the Capacity Building funding category in the NDIS. This item is designed to help NDIS participants manage their plan, so they can increase their independence, be in control of their funding, and improve their confidence. Plan management support is available to all NDIS participants, and there is no eligibility criteria that you need to meet.
You can get plan management included in your funding by telling NDIS staff (for example, your Local Area Coordinator, NDIA representative or support coordinator) at your next planning meeting that you would like support from a plan manager. The NDIS can then include funding in your plan to pay for a plan manager. This funding is separate from other services and supports in your plan.
How much does plan management cost?
Plan management services come at no cost to you, as payment comes from your NDIS plan and is funded separately from your other supports and services. If you are using an NDIS Plan Manager, the provider cannot charge more than the price limits outlined in the NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits.
How can NDIS plan management help me?
Managing a NDIS plan can be overwhelming and complex at times. To help you manage the load, a plan manager can help take care of the various administration tasks, so you have more time to invest in reaching your goals. They can also ensure your service providers are paid on time and invoices are processed correctly, giving you peace of mind.
A plan manager can also help you have better control over their funding. They can answer any questions you may have, help you make the most of your funding, teach you how to manage your plan, increase your financial and management skills to build your capacity, and give you better oversight over your plan. They should work collaboratively with you, and give you advice on how to use your funding to achieve your unique goals.
What are the different ways my NDIS plan can be managed?
There are three different ways you can manage the funding in your NDIS plan:
Plan managed: this is when you choose a NDIS plan management provider to help you with managing your funds. A NDIS plan manager can distribute funds on your behalf to other service providers, according to your plan.
Agency-managed: this is when you choose the NDIA (National Disability Insurance Agency) to manage your funds by selecting from a range of NDIS registered providers. In this option, the NDIA directly pays the relevant service providers on your behalf. The NDIA will manage your book-keeping and records of your spending.
Self-managed: this is when you choose to manage your NDIS plan funds yourself. You are responsible for making payment requests, and paying for your supports and services on time. The NDIS will reimburse you directly for the supports you receive
What locations does Home Caring provide NDIS registered plan managers?
Home Caring provides disability care services – including NDIS plan management – to NDIS participants in various locations across Australia, including major cities and regional New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, and Western Australia.
To find out if we provide plan management services in your local area or chat to someone about your specific needs, please get in touch today.
What happens when I choose Home Caring as my NDIS plan manager?
When you choose Home Caring as your NDIS plan manager, we will collaborate with you to manage your NDIS plan.
Part of this includes establishing a service agreement. This is a document that ensures everyone has a clear understanding about the services being agreed on. It outlines the services we provide as your plan management provider; how the services will be provided; how long they last; the roles and responsibilities of provider and participant; how problems will be resolved, and what happens if you want to change or cancel our plan management services.
When negotiating a service agreement, make sure you understand the different aspects outlined, so you know what you are signing on for.
Should a plan manager determine which supports are ‘reasonable and necessary’?
It is not the role of a NDIS plan manager to decide if certain supports and services are ‘reasonable and necessary’ for you. Your NDIS plan will already have funds approved for the supports that you need. The plan manager’s job is to make sure your plan is being implemented correctly, and funds are being spent according to your plan.
What is the difference between a plan manager and a support coordinator?
While plan managers and support coordinators both help participants implement their NDIS plans, they do this in different ways.
A plan manager helps you stay on top of the financial administration of your funds, and pays your providers for the services they deliver. They get your service provider’s invoices paid, as well as provide you with a statement outlining how much funding you’ve spent, and the amount remaining in your budget.
A support coordinator helps you implement your plan by linking you to providers, organisations, community groups and services that best meet your needs. They help you understand and implement the supports included in your plan, but don’t manage any of the spending or financial aspects.
Can I switch my plan manager for NDIS to Home Caring?
You can choose to change your NDIS plan manager at any time, as long as you follow the notice periods in your service agreements.
If you want to switch to Home Caring’s NDIS plan management services, your current plan management provider will assist the transition by providing you with information on whether any invoices are due to be paid, and their last day for processing invoices. We will also assist with the process, and answer any questions you may have along the way.
Looking for the best NDIS plan manager for your needs? Want to talk about your options? Looking for plan management support and not sure where to start. Get in touch with one of our NDIS experts today for a free consultation. We’d love to chat to you about your needs.