HomeCaring North Geelong follows a ‘person-first’ culture. Our four values are:
Passion: We are committed to providing an excellent service to the people we care for. We aren’t just about performing tasks and ticking boxes – we put the person first, going above and beyond to deliver high quality care.
Empathy: We truly care about the people we help. This means we are culturally sensitive, compassionate and understanding. We genuinely listen to your needs.
Respect: We believe everyone in Australia deserves a service that enables them to live independently, with dignity and quality of life. We put the person at the centre of our care.
Accountability: we take our care seriously. Compliance, rigorous screening and quality standards are embedded into everything we do. We work hard to ensure we deliver the quality of care that you signed on for.
On the ground level, this means:
- We treat you as an individual – we respect your values and expressed wishes.
- We collaborate with you – you take an active role in your care.
- We communicate and listen – the best care happens when everyone is on the same page.
- We are sensitive to cultural and family needs – HomeCaring supports people from many different cultures.
- We value your independence – we focus on what people can do for themselves, and empower them to live as independently as possible.
- We value your dignity, comfort and safety – we aren’t just concerned about what we do; we also care about how we do it.
- We take a holistic approach to your care – we work with you to deliver a plan that truly cares for every aspect of your being.
What is Supported Independent Living?
Under the NDIS, Supported Independent Living (SIL) is help with daily tasks, to develop the skills of an individual to live as independently as possible. These supports are provided to an NDIS participant in their home, whether they live on their own or in a shared living arrangement.
Have a Home Care Package or NDIS plan? We can help.
HomeCaring North Geelong is a registered provider of Home Care Packages and NDIS plans. If you are unsure how to apply for government funding, please get in touch. We can walk you through the steps and explain the entire process. We can also provide assistance if you or your loved one doesn’t speak English.