At Home Caring Lifestyle and Health Solutions we aim to provide quality care for the people who mean the most to you.
For some patients, residential care may not be the best solution for their quality of life. That’s why we work collaboratively with patients, their loved ones and teams of expert caregivers to provide quality care to patients in Richmond and other suburbs all over Melbourne in the place where it means the most… Their own homes.
Bringing quality care to the people of Richmond
Home care is often the best solution for patients’ healing and wellbeing for a variety of reasons. The stress of moving to a residential care facility can, for some, be detrimental to their healing or health. While we are happy to offer quality residential care in our new facility to patients that need it, we also understand and value the importance of providing home based care.
Those with serious or debilitating conditions often prefer to remain in their Richmond homes, and it’s easy to see why. Richmond is a quiet and beautiful suburb and the perfect place for those with a wide range of care needs to relax and recuperate in a familiar and pleasant environment.
Located just a few miles away from Melbourne proper, Richmond offers stunning homes, beautiful parks and gardens, great shopping and a wide range of chic cafes and elegant restaurants. A brief walk around the tree-lined streets of Richmond reveals why it is a peaceful and understatedly beautiful place to relax and enjoy your home based care. With our help, patients can still enjoy the lush scenery of Barkly Gardens or Citizens Park, have delicious brunch in the wonderful cafes of Swan Street or shop in the fine boutiques of Bridge Road.
Where better to bring our patients the quality care they deserve than in the beautiful surroundings of Richmond? This is exactly why we believe so passionately in delivering quality care solutions to patients in their own homes.
You’ll find that we offer outstanding home care for patients with a wide range of conditions including…
Age and Dementia Care
At Home Caring we are very aware of the highly individual and potentially complex needs of patients with age related conditions such as dementia. We understand that caring for people with this condition encompasses a range of disciplines and can be extremely taxing for patients’ friends, family and loved ones. We appreciate that dementia care can be upsetting and emotionally troubling for family caregivers. Those with dementia can often experience lapses in memory, unresponsiveness, mood swings and bouts of aggressive behaviour which can be extremely upsetting for those who love and care about them.
The good news, however, is that you needn’t go through this alone. Our skilled team are on hand to administer effective and comprehensive care solutions based on patients’ unique and individual needs.
We are able to deliver skilled, compassionate and dignified care which encompasses every aspect of dementia care. Whether our care professionals are providing Reminiscence Therapy and Validation Therapy or simply helping out with the daily duties of the home like cleaning, tidying and cooking they bring the same professionalism and dedication. We also assist patients with their more sensitive needs like washing, dressing and visiting the toilet with the utmost dignity.
We also carefully match the skills and personalities of our care professionals to the unique needs and dispositions of our patients, helping them to get the quality care they need and remain as independent as possible for as long as possible.
For many with serious and debilitating conditions, it can feel as though the prospect of living a normal life will forever be out of reach. But this is not the case. Our comprehensive range of care solutions for patients with disabilities can help them to lead a somewhat normal and uninterrupted life in Richmond.
We have decades of experience working with patients with a range of debilitating conditions including;
- Motor Neurone Disease- Patients with MND have a variety of increasingly complex needs which can be difficult to cope with. We help patients with all variants of this condition to lead rich and fulfilling lives while also preparing for the ways in which the condition will change their bodies and their lifestyles. We help patients with all variants of this condition including Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Progressive Bulbar Palsy (PBP), Progressive Muscular Atrophy (PMA) and Primary Lateral Sclerosis.
- Huntington’s Disease- Huntington’s Disease is a sadly incurable hereditary condition which, like MND is degenerative and leaves patients with increasingly complex needs. However, while a diagnosis of Huntington’s can be extremely distressing for patients and those closest to them, our range of care services can help them to lead their best lives. We provide expert practical and personal care solutions to Huntington’s patients including helping them to adapt to their changing medical and pain management needs.
- Arthritis- Arthritis is a common condition that afflicts nearly 4 million Australians. At best it can be a discomforting annoyance but at worst it can be a painful and debilitating, making mobility a real challenge. Fortunately, the right care can make a big difference. We are here to make the lives of people with arthritis easier and more comfortable while allowing them to remain as happy, healthy and independent as possible. We provide caring, highly knowledgeable and dignified care for patients with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile arthritis.
When you are a primary caregiver it can be all-too easy to neglect your own needs because you spend so much time taking care of someone else’s. But this can be counterproductive, and despite your dedication and compassion, even you deserve a little time to yourself every once in a while. Being a primary caregiver take a toll, and nobody benefits when you burn yourself out. That’s why we offer a wide range of flexible respite care services to give you as much or as little time as you need to yourself.
Post Operative Care
A serious surgical procedure can help to save the patient’s life, yet how they spend their time while they recuperate is extremely important. Some patients may be at risk of postoperative complications or may impair their own recovery through their habits and lifestyle choices. With this in mind, we provide extensive post-operative care for patients recovering from surgery.
We provide a comprehensive program of post operative care that encompasses everything from pain medication management to ensuring that the patient enjoys a healthy diet that leads to quicker healing. We also help out around the home in whatever way is necessary to ensure that the patient is able to safely and completely recover free from stress and pain.
Despite the abundance of medical and technological advances which have been made in the field of health care over the past few decades, there are some conditions from which patients can never fully recover. Yet, that doesn’t mean that they can’t lead rich, full and enjoyable lives that make the most of what time they do have. This is why palliative care is such an incredibly important and necessary discipline. Where a condition cannot be cured, even if it is terminal, the right care can deliver quality of life to those who need it the most.
We can assist patients and their loved ones with all aspects of palliative care including diet and exercise, social and lifestyle enhancement activities, medication and pain management.
Why choose Home Caring?
Leaving a loved one in the care of a care service provider is a difficult decision to make. It is a big commitment which requires a great leap of faith in the care provider. Nobody is more aware of this than us! That’s why we work so hard to earn the trust of our patients, their families and their loved ones.
With over 20 years’ experience in the care industry we are perfectly placed to give patients the very best standard of care and the very best quality of life, whatever their needs and conditions.
Everything we do is founded on these simple values;
- Care: A client-focused approach which puts our patients first.
- Quality: We constantly strive to bring the highest quality to our service and build value for our clients.
- Innovation: Great care should never stand still. That’s why we’re committed to an innovative approach that is always striving to better meet patients’ needs.
- Excellence: Our goal is always to exceed clients’ expectations through exceptional care and customer service.
If you’d like to know more about our extensive range of treatments, or to arrange a free consultation, get in touch with us today!