Supported Independent Living Newcastle
Everyone deserves to feel supported, valued and dignified in their own home, and to live independently in the community.
Home Caring helps people live as independently as possible, with supports that enable them to do everyday things. Under the NDIS, this is called Supported Independent Living. It is available for participants who need support to live in their own home, and engage with their local community.
Our local team of support workers, disability experts and health care professionals provide Supported Independent Living in Newcastle for NDIS participants. With years of experience behind us, we provide empowering and positive support that helps you with daily life.
Our SIL NDIS Newcastle services include:
- Help with personal care tasks, such as showering and getting dressed
- 24/7 support for high care needs
- Assistance with transferring in and out of bed
- Medication management
- Building daily living skills with training
- Assistance with household tasks, such as laundry or grocery shopping
- Learning social skills
- Group activities with housemates
- Preparing and cooking nutritious and delicious meals
- Actioning behaviour support plans
- Support for medical appointments
- Support with supervision, personal safety and security
- Help catching public transport in your community
- Help to manage your household budget and finances
- Planning social activities you enjoy
- Organising household rosters and activities
All of our support workers have specialist training, and are best placed to offer NDIS SIL in Newcastle. We are passionate about empowering people to increase their capacity, build confidence, and enjoy independent living.